Welcome to the Queensland Parliament web site - accessibility access keys available by clicking here or by using access key 9, sitemap available under access key 2Skip to Main Content or by using access key 0View Access KeysGo to sitemapGo to useful linksGo to contact usGo to latest sitting weekGo to current members listView Access KeysRemote Access

Coal dust and other air pollution

Eligibility - Queensland residents

Principal Petitioner:

Peter Cumming
30/212 Bay Terrace
WYNNUM QLD 4178

Total Signatures - 116

Sponsoring Member: Jo-Ann Miller MP

Posting Date: 19/12/2012

Closing Date: 1/03/2013

Tabled Date: 5/03/2013

Responded By: Hon Andrew Powell MP on 3/04/2013

TO: The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland

Queensland residents draws to the attention of the House their concerns about reports of coal dust deposits emanating from coal wagons and the coal stockpile at the Port of Brisbane. Your petitioners raise additional concerns that while tests confirm that 40% of the pollution at a residence in Wynnum North has been identified as coal dust, the other 60% remains unaccounted for.

 

Your petitioners therefore request the House to take immediate action to reduce the amount of coal dust and other air pollution in the Wynnum Manly district and surrounding suburbs.