Brisbane Central - View Map (.pdf)
Australian Labor Party (ALP)
Date of Election
31 January 2015Previous RepresentationBrisbane Central - ALP (13 Oct 2007 - 23 Mar 2012)
Inaugural | All Speeches
Electorate Office AddressUnit 2 Hill House, 541 Boundary Street
(Corner Bradley Street)
SPRING HILL QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3145 9100Fax: (07) 3145 9109Email: Brisbane.Central@parliament.qld.gov.au
Ministerial Office Postal AddressGPO BOX 611BRISBANE QLD 4001
Ministerial OfficeLevel 5, Executive Building, 100 George StreetBRISBANE QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3719 7140Fax: Email: SEE BELOW ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Minister for Employment and Industrial Relations Minister for Racing and Minister for Multicultural Affairs: 8 Dec 2015
- Deputy Speaker: 26 Mar 2015 - 16 Feb 2016
- Deputy Government Whip: 22 Jun 2011 - 19 Feb 2012
- Member, Ethics Committee: 16 Jun 2011 - 23 Mar 2012
- Member, Parliamentary Crime and Misconduct Committee: 16 Jun 2011 - 17 May 2012
- Member, Scrutiny of Legislation Committee: 23 Apr 2009 - 30 Jun 2011
- Member, Review of Organ and Tissue Donation Procedures Select Committee: 12 May 2008 - 28 Nov 2008
- Member, Estimates Committee D: 2008 - 2008
- Member, Public Accounts Committee: 30 Oct 2007 - 20 Mar 2009
General Secretary, Queensland Council of Unions, October 2000 - October 2007; Assistant General Secretary, Queensland Council of Unions, July 1995 - October 2000; Advisor, the Hon Gary Johns, Ass Minister for Industrial Relations, February 1994 - July 1995; Industrial Officer, ACTU Queensland Branch, October 1990 - February 1994; Industrial Officer, Finance Sector Union, February 1980 - October 1990
- (ALP) Former Branch President.
- (ALP) Former State and National ALP Conference Delegate.
- (ALP) Former Delegate to FEC and SEC.
- (ALP) Former Employment, Training and Industrial Relations Policy Committee member.
- (ALP) Former Electoral College member.
12 August 1958 (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Bachelor of Labour Studies; Associate Diploma in Industrial Relations; Masters/Graduate Diploma Level - Harvard Trade Union Program; Certificate of Superannuation Management (ASFA)
Ministerial email addresses for Hon Grace Grace
• Minister for Employment and I.R.: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minister for Racing: email@example.com
• Minister for Multicultural Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes: First woman elected as General Secretary, Queensland Council of Unions. Awarded Centenary Medal. Fellow Safety Institute of Australia FISA (Hon). Interests include reading non-fiction books; movies and the cinema; Italian cooking; labour and industrial history. Member of Opens Doors in the Fortitude Valley, the New Farm Neighbourhood Centre, the Sicilian Association of Queensland and other local community organisations. ; Patron of the Queensland Asbestos Related Disease Support Society. Former Board Member of the Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund and past Governor of the Queensland Community Foundation.
Publications: Queensland Parliament, Members List, Biography, http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/