Ashgrove - View Map (.pdf)
Australian Labor Party (ALP)
Date of Election
31 January 2015Previous RepresentationAshgrove - ALP (9 Sep 2006 - 23 Mar 2012)
Inaugural | All Speeches
Electorate Office AddressShop 2, 230 Waterworks Road
ASHGROVE QLD 4060
Phone: (07) 3554 9100 (new local number)Fax: (07) 3554 9109 (new local number)Email: Ashgrove@parliament.qld.gov.au
Ministerial Office Postal AddressPO Box 15033CITY EAST QLD 4002
Ministerial OfficeLevel 22, Education House, 30 Mary StreetBRISBANE QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3719 7530Fax: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Minister for Education and Minister for Tourism and Major Events: 8 Dec 2015
- Minister for Education and Minister for Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games: 16 Feb 2015 - 8 Dec 2015
- Minister for Environment and Resource Management: 21 Feb 2011 - 22 Jun 2011
- Minister for Climate Change and Sustainability: 26 Mar 2009 - 21 Feb 2011
- Member, Broadcast of Parliament Select Committee: 14 Feb 2008 - 30 May 2008
- Chair, Estimates Committee G: 2008 - 2008
- Deputy Government Whip: 11 Oct 2007 - 25 Mar 2009
- Member, Estimates Committee C: 2007 - 2007
- Member, Scrutiny of Legislation Committee: 11 Oct 2006 - 21 Mar 2009
- Temporary Speaker/Deputy Speaker: 11 Oct 2006 - 9 Oct 2007
Senior Media Advisor, Minister for Public Works and Racing (Hon Robert Schwarten MP); Advisor, Queensland Treasurer (Hon David Hamill); Temporary Organiser, ALP State Office
- (ALP) Vice-President, Ashgrove SEC.
- (ALP) Secretary, Ashgrove Branch.
- (ALP) Vice-President, The Gap MEC.
- (ALP) Delegate, State Conference.
- (ALP) Member, Women’s Policy Committee.
10 April 1979 (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Bachelor of Arts – Journalism (QUT); Commenced studying Masters In Public Administration (QUT)
Notes: Member, Australian Services Union; Amnesty International; World Vision; Fred Hollows’ Foundation. Patron, The Gap State High School; Ashgrove Historical Society; Ashgrove Meals on Wheels; The Gap Community Association. Member, Save Our Waterways Now Inc (SOWN). Interests – Australian history, cinema, sport, singing, cooking and collecting English fine china.
Publications: Queensland Parliament, Members List, Biography, http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/