Electorate Office Postal AddressPO Box 75
INALA QLD 4077
Electorate Office AddressShop 101 Business Centre, Richlands Plaza
Cnr Archerfield & Old Progress
RICHLANDS QLD 4077
Phone: (07) 3737 2100Fax: (07) 3737 2109Email: Inala@parliament.qld.gov.au
Ministerial Office Postal AddressPO Box 15185CITY EAST QLD 4002
Ministerial Office1 William StreetBRISBANE QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3719 7000Fax: Email: the firstname.lastname@example.org
- Premier and Minister for the Arts: 16 Feb 2015
- Leader of the Opposition, Shadow Minister for Employment and Industrial Relations: 5 Aug 2014 - 2015
- Member, Education and Innovation Committee: 18 May 2012 - 12 Feb 2013
- Leader of the Opposition, Shadow Minister for Justice and Attorney-General; Industrial Relations; Tourism, Major Events and Commonwealth Games: 10 May 2012 - 5 Aug 2014
- Shadow Minister for Education, Training and Employment: 10 May 2012 - 4 Mar 2014
- Minister for Transport: 21 Feb 2011 - 26 Mar 2012
- Minister for Multicultural Affairs: 26 Mar 2009 - 26 Mar 2012
- Minister for Disability Services: 26 Mar 2009 - 21 Feb 2011
- Member, Members' Ethics and Parliamentary Privileges Committee: 11 Nov 2008 - 20 Mar 2009
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Main Roads and Local Government: 9 Oct 2008 - 20 Mar 2009
- Chair, Estimates Committee C: 2008 - 2008
- Chair, Estimates Committee E: 2007 - 2007
- Chair, Members' Ethics and Parliamentary Privileges Committee: 1 Nov 2006 - 12 Nov 2008
- Temporary Speaker/Deputy Speaker: 1 Nov 2006 - 12 Nov 2008
- Member, Public Works Committee: 11 Oct 2006 - 1 Nov 2006
Prior to election – Senior Ministerial Advisor to Beattie Labor Government (1998 – 2006) – (Including Minister for Communities, Disabilities and Seniors, Minister for the Environment and Minister for Mines and Energy); Former Adviser to Hon David Beddall (Commonwealth Minister); Tutor, Australian National University; Tutor, Aboriginal and Island Students Service (UQ); Retail Part-time Sales Assistant. Senator, (UQ); Arts Representative (UQ); Member, Academic Board (UQ); Former President, Queensland Labor Lawyers; Former National President, Labor Lawyers; Former Secretary, London House Goodenough Club.
Official Awards: Queensland Winner: The Australian Award for Excellence in Women’s Leadership presented by the Women’s Leadership Symposium.
Community Activity: Patron, Inala Community House; Patron, Oxley Darra Pony Club; Patron, Project Love & Care.
25 July 1969 (Brisbane)
St Mary’s Catholic College, Ipswich; Bachelor of Arts (UQ); Master of Arts (Hons) (University of London); Bachelor of Laws (UQ); Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (ANU); British Council Chevening Scholar.