Woodridge - View Map (.pdf)
Australian Labor Party (ALP)
Date of Election
31 January 2015Previous RepresentationGreenslopes - ALP (21 Mar 2009 - 23 Mar 2012)
Inaugural | All Speeches
Electorate Office AddressUnit 1, 80 Wembley Road
WOODRIDGE QLD 4114
Phone: (07) 3445 4100 (new local number)Fax: (07) 3445 4109 (new local number)Email: Woodridge@parliament.qld.gov.au
Ministerial Office Postal AddressGPO Box 48BRISBANE QLD 4001
Ministerial OfficeLevel 19, State Health Building, 147-163 Charlotte StreetBRISBANE QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3035 6100Fax: Email: email@example.com
- Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services: 16 Feb 2015
- Minister for Education: 21 Feb 2011 - 26 Mar 2012
- Minister for Industrial Relations: 26 Mar 2009 - 26 Mar 2012
- Attorney-General: 26 Mar 2009 - 21 Feb 2011
Prior to election Barrister-at-Law in private practice at the Queensland Bar. Chair, Commonwealth Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission, 2012 – 2014. Attorney-General of Tuvalu 1995-1996; Crown Counsel, Government of Tuvalu, 1993-1995. Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and all Federal Courts including the High Court of Australia, 1992. Previously employed as a solicitor in private practice and in the public sector. Member of the Australian Labor Party since 1989. Former delegate to State and National Conferences. Former member of State Party committees including State Administrative Committee and State Campaign Committee.
- (ALP) Member of the Australian Labor Party since 1989.
- (ALP) Delegate, State Conference; Member, Queensland Administrative Committee; Member, Rules Committee; Former member, State Campaign Committee; Former delegate, National Conference.
- (ALP) Former Branch President, Former Branch Vice-president, Branch Secretary and holder of other branch executive positions.
- (ALP) Former Branch Delegate and Executive Member of Municipal, State and Federal Electoral Councils.
Community Activity: Member, Logan and Districts Services Club; Member, The Rec Club, Logan. Former volunteer lawyer at YFS Ltd Logan Legal Advice Centre. Active supporter of multicultural, community and volunteer service organisations over many years including junior sporting clubs, Rotary International, Local Ambulance Committees, historical societies, Heart Support Australia and RSL sub-branches.
(Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Married (2 children)
Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (University of Queensland); Master of Law (Trinity Hall, Cambridge, United Kingdom)
Notes: International development volunteer in the South-West Pacific island nation of Tuvlau through the Australian Volunteers Abroad program, now Australian Volunteers International (1993-1996).
Member Australian Workers’ Union (Queensland Branch); Association of Labor Lawyers Qld (Inc); Queensland Parliamentary Friends of Rugby League
Interests include rugby league and cricket.
Publications: Queensland Parliament, Members List, Biography, http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/
Sources: Dick, C., 'Winds of change: the Queensland justice system: Attorney-General explains civil and criminal reforms', Proctor, V.30 No.5, Jun 2010, 20-21.