Electorate Office Postal AddressPO Box 496
SANDGATE QLD 4017
Electorate Office AddressShop 2 Fifth Avenue
SANDGATE QLD 4017
Phone: (07) 3639 9100Fax: (07) 3639 9109Email: Sandgate@parliament.qld.gov.au
Ministerial Office Postal AddressGPO Box 2644BRISBANE QLD 4001
Ministerial OfficeLevel 13, Mineral House, 41 George StreetBRISBANE QLD 4000
Phone: (07) 3719 7240Fax: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Minister for Transport and the Commonwealth Games: 8 Dec 2015
- Member, Committee of the Legislative Assembly: 27 Mar 2015
- Leader of the House: Feb 2015
- Assistant Minister of State Assisting the Premier: 16 Feb 2015 - 8 Dec 2015
- Member, Select Committee of the Legislative Assembly: 10 May 2011 - 18 May 2011
- Member, Committee of the Legislative Assembly (Deputy Premier's nominee): 19 Mar 2011 - 23 Mar 2012
- Minister for Employment, Skills and Mining: 21 Feb 2011 - 26 Mar 2012
- Minister for Infrastructure and Planning: 26 Mar 2009 - 21 Feb 2011
- Member, Broadcast of Parliament Select Committee: 14 Feb 2008 - 30 May 2008
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Deputy Premier and Minister for Infrastructure and Planning: 13 Sep 2007 - 20 Mar 2009
- Member, Health Quality and Complaints Commission Select Committee: 1 Jul 2007 - 15 Nov 2007
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Communities, Minister for Disability Services Queensland, Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships, Minister for Seniors and Youth: 30 Jan 2007 - 13 Sep 2007
- Member, Estimates Committee D: 2007 - 2007
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Communities, Disability Services, Seniors and Youth: 1 Nov 2006 - 30 Jan 2007
- Chair, Members’ Ethics and Parliamentary Privileges Committee: 11 Oct 2006 - 1 Nov 2006
- Temporary Speaker/Deputy Speaker: 11 Oct 2006 - 1 Nov 2006
Prior to election - business development manager, property industry analyst, policy manager, executive officer
- (ALP) Various positions within the Craigslea Branch, Stafford and the Stafford State Electoral Council and the Petrie Federal Electoral Council.
- (ALP) Current State Conference Delegate (since 1994).
- (ALP) Member, State Administrative Committee and Rules Committee.
- (ALP) National Secretary, Australian Young Labor (1995).
Other Seats: Stafford
Community Activity: Northside Wizards Basketball, Einbunpin Festival, SANDBAG, Sandgate State School P&C
23 November 1970 (Dalby, Queensland)
Married (3 children)
Craigslea State School; Craigslea State High School; Brisbane CAE; Bachelor of Arts (UQ) (BA)
Notes: Personal interests: Social and political history, reading, all sport (especially basketball, cricket and rugby league)
Sources: Hinchliffe, S., 'Planning's important role in Queensland's future', Council Leader, Dec 2010/Jan 2011, 8.