Enjoy High Tea at Queensland Parliament House
The Queensland Parliament is proud to offer High Tea in the Strangers' Dining Room. High Teas are held each month (see the dates below) from 10.30am to midday.
Download the video segment of Channel Seven’s Great South East television program to watch when they visited High Tea in late 2013 (115mb MP4).
We offer two kinds of High Tea - Traditional High Tea and Special High Tea. At each you will be served a selection of delicacies prepared by the Parliament's resident chefs while taking in the beauty of Queensland's premier heritage building.
Traditional High Tea
Cost $41 per person
- Petit Sandwiches
- Smoked Salmon, Dill and Onion Sprout
- Cucumber, Asparagus and Bocconcini
- Turkey Cranberry and Semi Dry Tomato
- Savory Quiches
- Fruit Scones with Cream and Strawberry Preserve
- Fresh Strawberry Dips in Chocolate
- Petit Cakes and Pastries
- Tea and Coffee
- Friday, March 13 - fully booked
- Friday, April 10 - fully booked
- Friday, 3 July - fully booked
- Friday, 9 October
- Friday, 6 November
- Friday, 4 December
Reservations are essential and can be made by phoning Catering on +617 3406 7381 or email email@example.com.
Following High Tea, all guests may also receive an optional special guided tour of Parliament House.
Special High Tea
Cost $47 per person
We have five themed High Tea events each year to celebrate special occasions. To celebrate these occasions, the Special High Teas include a classical string duo playing and a glass of sparkling wine offered to each guest.
- Friday, 8 May (Mother's Day)
- Friday, 5 June (Queen's Birthday)
- Friday, 14 August (Ekka)
- Friday, 4 September (Father's Day)
- Wednesday, 16 December (Christmas)
- Thursday, 17 December (Christmas)
- Friday, 18 December (Christmas)
Reservations are essential and can be made by phoning Catering on 3406 7381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests at all of the Queensland Parliament’s High Tea functions may be offered an optional special guided tour of Parliament House.