20 Jan 1952 (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia)
Herbert John and Mavis Byrne (nee Gardner)
1. St Martin's Catholic Primary School
2. Villanova College
3. Augustinian Seminary for priesthood
4. St Joseph's Novitiate, Rochester, Victoria
5. St Laurence's Monastery, Wynnum
6. Augustinian College, Clayfield
7. Certificate in Philosophy
8. AACM, Diploma in Speech and Drama
9. State registered teacher (Subject Master prior to election)
10. Bachelor of Arts, Queensland University, 1975
2. Stud breeder (Brahmans)
3. Company manager
4. Lecturer, Queensland Police Academy, 1979
Party and Political Activities
Liberal Party (LIB)
1. Vice-Chairman, Young Liberal Party, Belmont Branch, from 1973
2. Member, Young Liberal Movement, since Dec 1972
3. Member, State Executive, Young Liberal Movement, Jun 1973 to Feb 1975
4. Delegate, State Policy Committee
5. Member, Government Party Committees: Community and Welfare Services; Labour Relations and Consumer Affairs; Works and Housing; Urban and Regional Affairs; Health; Education
|Assembly||LIB ||BELMONT||07 Dec 1974||12 Nov 1977||Defeated
|Member, parliamentary delegation to Japan and South-East Asia||1975 ||
|Member, Parliamentary Library Committee, since 1975|| ||
1. Interest include education, legal studies, literature and arts, politics, stud cattle breeding, writing and public speaking.
2. Former student for priesthood and member of the Order of St Augustine, 1968 to 1972.
3. Aged 22, Mr Byrne was the youngest MLA ever elected in Queensland.
4. Secretary-Treasurer, Queensland Branch, Australian Brahman Breeding Association.
5. History Master, San Sisto College, Cairns.
6. Lecturer, Queensland Police Academy, 1979.
[Last Modified: 19 Apr 2012 14:52]
Back to search results