07 Aug 1947 (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Charles Edmund and Phyllis Melva Young (nee Brocker)
Married - Laurel Eastment on 7 Dec 1968, 2 sons.
1. Kelvin Grove State School
2. Kelvin Grove State High School
Church of England
1. Member, Queensland Police Force
2. Juvenile Aid Bureau, 1966 to 1974
Party and Political Activities
Liberal Party (LIB)
1. Member, Queensland State Executive, 1974 to 1975
2. Branch Chairman, 1973 to 1975
3. Chairman, Brisbane Area , 1974 to 1975
4. Member, Liberal Party Education Subcommittee, 1974 to 1975
5. Member, Government Party Committees: Premier's; Community and Welfare Services; Health; Education and Cultural Activities; Works and Housing
|Assembly||LIB ||BAROONA||07 Dec 1974||12 Nov 1977||Defeated
Other Seats Contested
1. BRISBANE CENTRAL (State) 1977
|Member, Parliamentary Delegation to South-East Asia||1977 ||
1. Interests include youth welfare.
2. President, Lang Park Police Youth Club.
3. Secretary: Petrie Terrace After School Care Program; and Baroona Community Forum.
4. Directorate Member, Queensland Police Youth Welfare Association.
5. Co-opted Board Member, Queensland Creche and Kindergarten Association.
6. Member, Lions Club.
7. Associate Member, Royal Academy of Dancing (London).
8. Received a liver transplant in May 2006 due to fatty liver disease.
1. Waterson, DB and John Arnold, Biographical Register of the Queensland Parliament: 1930-1980, (Canberra: ANU Press, 1982)
2. Courier-Mail, 'Shock diagnosis, surgery led to lifestyle change', 27 August 2008
[Last Modified: 19 Apr 2012 15:09]
Back to search results