22 Jan 1937 (Ashgove, Queensland, Australia)
John Clive and Janet Grace Lindsay (nee MacDonald)
Married - Margaret Ann Corley on 21 Oct 1961, 1 son, 1 daughter.
1. St Finbar's Convent and Marist Brothers College, Ashgrove
2. Royal Military College, Duntroon, 1955 to 1958
3. Melbourne Teacher's College
4. University of Queensland
5. Kelvin Grove Teachers College
1. Teacher, Marist Brothers College, Ashgrove, 1973 to 1974
2. Employee, Woolworths, 1971 to 1972
3. Adjutant Fourth Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, Malaysia and Borneo, 1965 to 1967
4. 16 years commissioned service, Australian Regular Army in PNG, Malaya, Borneo and South Vietnam
5. Served with Pacific Islander Regiment, 1959 to 1963
6. Mentioned in despatches for distinguished active service, South Vietnam, 1968 to 1969
7. Discharged with the rank of Major as a result of injuries suffered in Vietnam
Party and Political Activities
Liberal Party (LIB)
1. Member, Government Party Committees: Lands; Education and Cultural Activities; Police; Aboriginal and Islanders Advancement and Fisheries; Transport
2. Vice-Chairman, Ashgrove Branch, 1974
3. Member, Defence and Foreign Affairs Committee, 1973 to 1977
|Assembly||LIB ||EVERTON ||07 Dec 1974||12 Nov 1977||Defeated
|Member, Parliamentary delegation to South East Asia||1977 ||
1. Interests include history, political science, youth organisations and sport.
2. Vice-President, Old Boys Association.
3. Was the grandson of the Queensland Labor Senator, the late JV MacDonald.
4. Member: RSL; United Service Club; and Queensland Turf Club.
[Last Modified: 19 Apr 2012 15:07]
Back to search results