13 Jul 1920 (Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia)
05 Jul 1990 (Wesley Hospital, Queensland, Australia)
Henry George and Eileen Neta Olive Lamond (nee McMillan)
Married - Bettina Pye on 25 Oct 1942, 3 sons, 3 daughters.
Real Estate Agent
1. Queensland primary and secondary schools
2. FREI, ACIV, REIV, QRV
1. Real estate agent
2. Principal, Lamond Real Estate
3. Mediator, Retail Shop Leases Tribunal
4. Dispute arbitrator, Real Estate Institute of Queensland
5. Director, Queensland Small Business Corporation
6. Served in the RAAF for three years, 2nd AIF overseas
7. Auctioneer and valuer
8. Executive textile manufacturer Bruce Pye Industries, 1945 to 1950
Party and Political Activities
National Party (NP)
|Assembly||NP ||WYNNUM||07 Dec 1974||12 Nov 1977||Defeated
1. In 1979 Mr Lamond was elected by Central Council as Chairman of the National Party's Small Business Policy Committee.
2. Member: Legacy; and Wynnum High School P&C.
3. Commodore, Manly Boat Harbour and Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club.
4. Foundation Member, Moreton Bay Lions Club.
5. Chairmam, Wynnum Senior Citizens Project, 1974.
6. President, Wynnum Chamber of Commerce.
7. Mr Lamond was a central figure in the establishment of the Waterloo Bay's 50s and Over Leisure Centre.
1. Waterson, DB and John Arnold, Biographical Register of the Queensland Parliament: 1930-1980, (Canberra: ANU Press, 1982)
[Last Modified: 19 Apr 2012 15:06]
Back to search results