19 Apr 1940 (Innisfail, Queensland, Australia)
27 Aug 2002 (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Alessio Paolo and Dorina Guerrina Scassola (nee Ruffini)
Married - Denise Dorothea Nixon on 28 Feb 1973, 2 sons, 1 daughter.
1. Silkwood State Primary School
2. Silkwood Convent School
3. St Stephen's School, Brisbane
4. St Patrick's School, Coorparoo, Brisbane
5. Kangaroo Point State Primary School
6. Brisbane State High School
7. University of Queensland, Bachelor of Law, 1963
Party and Political Activities
Liberal Party (LIB)
1. Member, Government Party Committees: Justice; Aboriginal and Island Affairs; Welfare; Treasury; Education, 1978 to 1980
2. Member, Government Party Committees: Justice; Works and Housing; Treasury; Education since 1981
3. State Vice President, 1973 to 1977
4. Member, Liberal Party Federal Council, 1971 to 1975
5. Member, State Policy Committee, 1969 to 1977
6. Parliamentary representative to State Policy Committee
7. Member, State Executive, 1969 to 1973
8. Member, State Executive, 1965 to 1968
9. Member, Young Liberal State Council, 1964 to 1967
10. Member of various party policy committees and also held numerous positions on electorate and area bodies
|Assembly||LIB ||MOUNT GRAVATT||12 Nov 1977||22 Oct 1983||Defeated
Other Seats Contested
1. MOUNT GRAVATT (State) 1986
2. MOUNT GRAVATT (State) 1989
|Alternate Delegate, Australian Constitutional Convention, 1983 and 1978|| ||
|Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Asia and Pacific Regions||1981 ||
|Deputy Chairman||Mar 1981 ||
|Member, Select Committee on Subordinate Legislation||1978 ||
|Member, Parliamentary Printing Committee||1978 ||1980
|Member, Joint Parties Committee on Unemployment, 1978|| ||
1. Interests include cricket, racing, Lions and gardening.
2. Member: Queensland Turf Club; Tattersall's Club, Brisbane; Brisbane Cricket Ground; and Lions International.
3. Past President, Lions Club, Brisbane Metropolitan.
4. Foundation President, Down's Syndrome Association.
5. Mr Scassola was part of the `Ginger group' which sought to maintain a Liberal identity within the coalition arrangement.
6. In 1983, along with seven other Liberals, he voted with the Labor Party on a motion to establish the Public Accounts Committee.
[Last Modified: 19 Apr 2012 14:08]
Back to search results