07 Jul 1934 (Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia)
Richard and Constance Mary Davis (nee Quinlan)
Married - Jean Christina Wallace on 30 Jan 1965, 2 sons.
Service Station Manager
1. Christian Brothers, Toowoomba
1. Official/Organiser, Transport Workers Union (Queensland Branch)
2. Taxi driver
3. Truck driver
4. Taxi proprietor
5. Van salesman
Party and Political Activities
Australian Labor Party (ALP)
1. State President, Young Labor Association, 1963
2. President, Fortitude Valley Branch
3. Delegate, QCE
|Assembly||ALP ||BRISBANE||17 May 1969||07 Dec 1974||Defeated
|Assembly||ALP ||BRISBANE CENTRAL||12 Nov 1977||02 Dec 1989||Did not contest
|Opposition Whip||29 Aug 1984 ||
|Member, Parliamentary Refreshment Rooms Committee|| ||
|Temporary Chairman of Committees||1983 ||1986
|Leader of Opposition Business in the House||Jul 1982 ||Aug 1984
|Opposition Spokesman on Transport||Jan 1981 ||Jul 1982
|Opposition Spokesman on Works and Water Resources||Feb 1980 ||Jan 1981
|Member, Parliamentary Delegation to Asia||1980 ||
|Opposition Spokesman on Transport||Dec 1977 ||Dec 1980
|Member, Select Committee on Punishment of Crimes of Violence||1974 ||
|Shadow Minister for Welfare, Sport and Tourism||1972 ||1974
1. Interests include gardening, horse racing, motoring and reading.
2. Patron, Mayne Australian Rules Football Club.
3. Mr Davis announced he would not contest the 1989 election and gave his backing to Mr Beattie.
1. Courier-Mail, 'Beattie wins party selection with 71% of plebiscite votes', 6 August 1988, p.1
[Last Modified: 19 Apr 2012 12:01]
Back to search results