06 Nov 1840 (Ipswich, Queensland, Australia)
19 Apr 1880 (Ipswich, Queensland, Australia)
George and Jane (nee Handcock)
Married - Rebecca Willis in Ipswich on 11 April 1862, 7 son(s), 5 daughter(s).
Church of England
1. Managed Warra Warra Station, Dalby, for his father c. 1863.
2. Represented Northern Downs in the Legislative Assembly of Queensland, 1 July 1867 to 28 Sept 1868.
3. Represented Northern Downs in the Legislative Assembly of Queensland, 11 Nov 1873 to 30 Oct 1876.
4. Worked with Bashford as a contractor for South-West Railway in 1876.
Party and Political Activities
|Assembly||NONE||NORTHERN DOWNS||01 Jul 1867||28 Sep 1868||
|Assembly||NONE||NORTHERN DOWNS||11 Nov 1873||30 Oct 1876||Resigned
1. Henry Thorn was the second son of George Thorn (Snr) and his elder brother was George Thorn (Jnr). He was born in Ipswich and became manager for his father's Warra Warra Station at Dalby.
2. He represented Northern Downs in the Legislative Assembly from 1 July 1867 to 28 September 1868. He contested the seat in 1870 but was unsuccessful. He won the seat again on 11 November 1873 and served until he resigned on 30 October 1876.
3. Thorn retired to Ipswich in 1878 and lived at Tannar Cottage until his death on 19 April 1880.
1. Waterson, DB, Biographical Register of the Queensland Parliament: 1860-1929, 2nd revised edition (Sydney: Casket Publications, 2001)
2. Queensland Times, 20 April 1880
[Last Modified: 11 Feb 2011 11:55]
Back to search results